DREAMS OF SOFTBALL

Freshman Ashley Donaldson has practically lived on the softball field all her life. She has been playing softball for nine years, currently for San Jose Sting. Ashley has caught the attention of many college softball coaches. So far 11 Division 1 colleges and two Division 2 colleges have reached out to her with offers to play for their respective schools. Ashley credits her dad as her biggest inspiration because he introduced her to the sport, and has trained with her extensively. “I’ve always wanted to be like him ever since I was little,” she said.

One of her favorite memories during softball is playing in Colorado for a very important, single-elimination tournament in Los Angeles. The game was close throughout. “Then I came up to bat and hit a homerun. Best feeling ever!” she said. Ashley is also very proud of being awarded the “Bucket Award” from her team. The award was given by a former San Jose Sting softball player who left quite the impact on the organization because of her dedication and love for the game. Ashley was  recognized because she “ truly love this game and  works super hard to succeed.”

Ashley looks forward to continue playing the sport she loves in the springtime while representing her school. With all the college offers she has, she plans on committing to one by next year.