One. Last. Dig: The Den roared as these four seniors played their last volleyball game as Bruins

The Branham Bruins girls’ volleyball team emerged at the end of their season with amazing results. On October 18, the varsity Bruins achieved a victory in an action-packed game against Evergreen High School, ending with score of 3-1.

Both the JV Volleyball team and the Varsity team took the win once again on Tuesday’s home conference match against Willow Glen; JV with a score of 2-0, and Varsity 3-1. One of the reasons for the team’s sensational stats is senior Sydney Voss, who was named the division’s Most Valuable Player last year, and helped secure the win against Willow Glen with 18 kills.   On October 27, The Lady Bruins played their last game of the season against rivals from Leigh.

As the last game in a so-far undefeated season, the home match had some pretty high stakes, but the Bruins didn’t crack under pressure. The JV team started out in the lead, but Leigh soon tied the game up. After a quick huddle, however, the team came back strong, managing to close the first set with 25-17, and secured the win in the second set with an even stronger score of 25-11. Since it was also the team’s Senior Night, friends and family rallied to show support for senior players Sydney Lindsey, Lena Saucedo, Sydney Voss, and Courtney Simmerok, and to pay tribute to these athletes’ talent and dedication.

The celebration ended with a heartwarming video in which fellow teammates expressed their gratitude for each of the graduating players. Spirits were high and lasted into the final set. After winning the first set by 25-21, the Varsity Bruins gained more momentum and managed to maintain a significant lead throughout the second set, which finished with a score of 25-13. Towards the end of the game, serves by Sydney Voss and Sydney Lindsey helped the Bruins secure the third set with 25-9. This win allowed the Bruins to maintain this season’s undefeated streak, which is now at 14-0. Head Coach Heather Cooper attributed the team’s success this season to a mixture of “chemistry, love for each other, and passion for the game; we wanted to play for the teammate next to us, and we [are] all family.” Lady Bruins volleball has also qualified for CCS, and they are now preparing for the upcoming tournament.